I love thrift and consignment shopping. There is something about it that makes me feel like I’m hunting for treasure. This MISSONI dress retails for almost $1,500 and I scored it from Uptown Cheapskate for $30! I purchased this entire outfit for under $100. Every now and then I splurge, like for the Nordstrom Sale, but I like to bargain hunt. I’ve scored brands such as ASOS, Prada, Betsy Johnson, Steve Madden, etc. at consignment shops. It’s the best! It can be overwhelming at times, but I’m here to help!
Here are my tips for a successful shopping trip:
- Go through the entire store and grab what catches your eye. It’s so much easier to sort through everything when you’re done than go back and find an item. Most likely you won’t be able to remember where you saw it or someone else will have grabbed it.
- Try things on. If it looks remotely cute on the hanger, try it on. Things come to life when they have a gorgeous girl looking back at them in the mirror. 😉
- Don’t be afraid to grab things you wouldn’t normally wear. This dress was one of the last items I picked up. I almost put it back until I tried it on and fell in love!
- Give yourself time. I usually block out at least two hours when I go shopping. Between sorting through racks and racks of clothing, trying them on, etc. I hate feeling rushed.
- If you are crunched for time, compile a mental of list of things you need before you go to the store. This helps give you focus, a target for you’re looking for and helps move things faster.
Happy shopping friends! Make sure to let me know what your favorite consignment and thrift stores are! I have yet to find a good one in St. George. Let me know!
A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous.
Have a great week! XOXO,