My first wish list item for baby Taylor was these dinosaur Freshly Picked moccasins. I mean…adorable right? As I’ve had time to think throughout pregnancy, I wanted to document my journey thus far and share with you the good, the bad and the beautiful.
Freshly Picked Moccasins
For those who aren’t aware, I had thyroid cancer three years ago. As part of the treatment, some of the risks associated with the radiation was infertility. I thank my lucky stars every day that we didn’t struggle with this. I remember the overwhelming feeling of excitement, “Is this real?” feeling and complete shock that I was going to be a mom. Some of my favorite things about pregnancy so far:
- Maternity Jeans – I mean why would you wear anything else? I’ve said it before but seriously.
- Baby Clothes – This has been one of my favorite things about being pregnant. I love shopping, so shopping for a tiny human is the best. 🙂 I’m so excited to put these little Freshly Picked moccasins on his newborn feet.
- Cravings – There is nothing better than having a husband cater to your every insane need. When you know what you want, you know!
- Nursery Decorating – I’ve loved picking out baby Taylor’s new room. (Reveal coming soon!)
Other posts you may enjoy: The Best Maternity Jeans You’ll Ever Find
Something that I wasn’t expecting with pregnancy or what people don’t tell you, is the additional side effects from growing a human. I’m talking lower back and sciatic hip pain, constipation, sore boobs, itchy stomach…I could go on and on. So I’m going to tell you my pregnancy hacks so you can be prepared:
- Itchy Stomach – Oil will save your life. Lotion only goes so far, but oil seems to really get the job done.
- Lower back pain – I’m excited to try a belly/back support band from Belly Bandit! Also make sure you’re wearing comfortable shoes and keeping posture the best you can.
- Constipation – This is the most fun to talk about…especially to your nurse over the phone. 🙂 The best advice I’ve received is just keep moving. Being pregnant makes you uber tired. Go for a quick walk, clean your house, whatever it is, just move. (Of course for more intense remedies consult your doc.
Most moms rave about their love of pregnancy. I have to admit for the first trimester, I wasn’t convinced this was going to be a fun “beautiful” ride; however, once the baby grew and took some of the hormone overload, pregnancy has been pretty miraculous. The fact that you start from scratch to create a living thing is insane! Here are some of my favorite highlights:
- Heartbeat – There is nothing crazier than the first time you hear your baby’s heartbeat. When you’re not very far along, it just feels like you have the flu all the time. Then you hear the monitor and realize you’re growing a human!
- Ultrasounds – This is my favorite. I love seeing little baby Taylor move around, stretch his arms and kick those long legs of his.
- Baby’s Sex – What a crazy experience! Finding out the baby’s sex put everything into perspective of “Holy crap this is actually happening.”
- Kicks – I swear this kid is going to be a ninja. He kicks me all day, every day and reminds me I have a responsibility to take care of him. He wakes up whenever I eat something yummy or sing.
We can’t wait to meet this little munchkin in February! What are some of your good, bad and beautiful during pregnancy?
Just when you think you know love, something little comes along and you realize how big it really is.