I’ve had a lot of you ask me to write a post on transitioning from summer to fall. Some of you are concerned about dying from heat, looking frumpy or layering too much. Don’t fret my friends! The key is balance. Shop the post below!
Layering is essential for fall fashion. The weather fluctuates so much that it’s necessary. Try taking a couple items like a t-shirt and jeans and add the following:
- Light cardigan – the one I’m wearing here from Cents of Style is perfect for hot fall weather like in St. George. Fall weather here = 98+ degrees. 🙂
- Add a blanket scarf – yes the term blanket sounds hot but only if you wear it that way. If it’s too warm outside, drape it around your shoulders without wrapping it around your neck. (I’ve shown it two different ways here.)
- Add cuffs to old boots to change up your look.
- If it’s still too hot, switch out your jeans for light leggings. (Make sure they’re not see-through. 😉 )
- If it’s too cold to just wear just a cardigan, throw on your favorite structured jacket.
Like I said above the key is balance. If you wear something baggy on top, keep it tighter on bottom to keep your shape and vice versa. Since I have a lose cardigan, I kept my jeans tight. A reverse option could be a tighter graphic tee, midi skirt and booties.
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve received emails and comments where I’ve gotten to know a lot of you. Believe in yourselves! The only thing holding you back is you. You can always find what you’re looking for somewhere. I loved this shirt from Cents of Style,
Be a voice, not an echo.