With my job I’m always in search of new and modern work clothing where I don’t look frumpy or stuck in the 90’s. It’s a challenge to find clothes that are flattering, professional and fun! I’ve partnered with Uptown Cheapskate to bring you my top 10 tips to dressing for your dream job and looking fierce doing it.
Top 5 Tips to Dressing for Looking Fierce
- Color – Add bright color into your outfit. Always pair with something neutral to balance (Ex: Nude heels I’m wearing here)
- Balance – the key to any great outfit is balance. Think of it as a dirty Diet Coke. Too much coconut or lime can completely ruin the drink. 😉 When picking the perfect outfit for work, keep it balanced with the majority of the outfit being professional, add in a splash of modern and a couple drops of sexy. Voila! The perfect outfit for work. 🙂
- Mix and match patterns. This is super fun with all of the new spring patterns coming into play now.
- Recycle – Pull out old pieces such as an older blazer. Pair it with a new button up and you have a whole new outfit!
- Heels – My favorite piece to a work outfit is sexy heels. Nothing makes me feel more powerful than a bold pair of heels. (Plus when I wear them I’m 6’2 so I’m a giant haha and scare most of my guy co-workers. Oops. 😉 #sorrynotsorry #tallgirlsunite)
Number one tip, no matter what, is confidence. If you rock it, no one will question anything. 😉 Believe in yourself. Know you are worth it, you have a unique perspective and the world is yours if you make it so. I love all of you and from the bottom of my heart thank you for the support, love and helping me believe in myself.
People are going to judge you anyway, so forget everyone and be yourself.