Halloween is my absolute favorite! I love the spooky decorations (did my hubby kill it on this life-size coffin or what?!), music, costumes and movies! I’m so excited to throw my hub’s birthday party next weekend! (I’ll post details…it’s gonna be awesome.)
As much as I love Halloween, I stress every year about what to wear for a costume. I finally discovered that you can create a simple costume with items you have at home! I usually buy a couple of different accessories to change it up, but this entire costume from Cents of Style was made with things I have in my closet. The best part is, it doesn’t break the bank AND I still look cute. (I’m all about dressing up in a banana costume, but when I want to still look normal, this is my go-to. 🙂 )
Here are some of my favorite DIY costumes:
- Cactus – buy a green sweatsuit and add yarn ties like you would a quilt. #genius (this was a favorite I saw on pinterest…hilarious)
- Mary Poppins – grab a white button up, a red ribbon, black felt hat, black midi, tights and an umbrella!
- Minnie Mouse – throw on a red polka dot dress, bow headband and do half pulled through ponies. Draw on a nose and whiskers…voila!
- Flapper Girl – this one is easy-peasy! Dress up a dress with gold, fringe and put a headband around your forehead. I love wrapping my hair around it so it’s all up.
- Bank Robber – throw together a black and white stripped shirt, leggings, booties, a bag with a $ on it, a simple black mask and some red lipstick. Perfect!
Happy Haunting! What’s your favorite DIY costume you’ve ever made?