I’ve had a lot of you over the years ask me how to do my scarf boho braid. I’m working on a video tutorial to show the process a little better but for now hopefully the images will do it justice! Here are the steps below:
- Make sure to get a square scarf that isn’t slippery material. This knitted one from Urban Outfitters is amazing. I wear this in the summer all the time! Lay it out first!
- Fold the scarf so it creates a right-angle triangle.
- Next, place the longest side of the triangle across your forehead so that the “tail” lays against the back of your head. You should have two long pieces to tie with.
- Take the ends you’re holding in your hands and do one tie of a knot. The short tail that’s laying against the back of your head should be underneath the half knot.
- From here, take the long ends of the scarf and separate your hair into three strands like you would a normal braid. The only difference is you’re adding the scarf into the braid. Make sure each section is even.
- Then you braid and braid until you hit the end. Make sure you have about an inch of hair left in the normal pattern.
- To finish, wrap one end of the scarf around the base and finish with a knot! Pull out a couple framing pieces of hair and you’re done! 🙂
Comment if you have further questions!
Photography: Jessica E. Photography // Scarf: Urban Outfitters // T-shirt: PINK