I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I started this crazy adventure. Sometimes it seems longer and other times it feels like yesterday I was sitting in Downtown SLC with my incredible designer sketching layouts and color schemes…
I’ve learned so much along they way. I’ve learned that community is everything. This online blogging world is one of welcome, ambition and overall girl boss. I’m so grateful to be able to know so many empowering women. They motivate me to be better and to make a difference in this negative space.
I started this blog because I am a believer of recognizing your fears and going after your dreams anyway! This blog is about breaking the limits and boundaries, becoming free and having the confidence to do so!
I get asked questions and I myself ask others questions. My motto has always been,
A rising tide lifts all boats.
If one person grows, the rest of us to do! So I’ve compiled my top 10 tips for either starting a blog, enhancing one you already have or boosting your small business. If you have other tips of your own, don’t forget to comment below and help others too!
- Content is Key – The key to any successful blog or social media platform is quality content. Write about things your followers care about!
- Pre-schedule – Your life will get a lot easier if you schedule content ahead of time. I plan my schedule out with multiple calendars and apps. My favorite for Instagram is PhotoCollage. You can block nine pictures at once to check color flow. It saves so much time! (If you have questions about this, email me. :))
- Posting Time – My best posting times are 9 a.m., 3:30 p.m., and 7 p.m. Weekends are little different with posting on Saturday around 10 a.m. and Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Consistency – Your followers want consistent posts and consistent times you post. Keep it simple so your followers can expect it!
- Analytics – With all of the constant changes in algorithms on social media platforms, analytics are becoming more and more a necessary resource. Use Google Analytics for blog and Iconosquare for IG. Both can give you great insight into what your followers like to see. My favorite app for IG is called Followers. It shows exactly what my followers liked, which post received the most comments, etc. A must!
- Be Yourself – This is a constant challenge because the world we live in demands a certain size and skin. Who cares?! I’m happy with who I am, so why should I worry? Let your true self shine through and people will gravitate towards it. Remember the tortoise wins, not the hare.
- Collaborate – I have worked with so many incredible vendors, small businesses, photographers, MUA’s, and the list goes on and on. Always remember, it never hurts to ask. I could not be more grateful! Thank you for believing in my crazy dream!
- Gratitude – I was always impressed with people who sent me “Thank You” cards when I worked with them or when I received a well thought out email. Show gratitude and mean it! Say it often. The world needs more.
- Community – Be a part of as many groups, email lists, etc. with like minded people. Ask questions and be engaged. If you’re new to this world, these people will be your best friends when you run into problems. Thank you to anyone who was patient enough to answer my questions and concerns. You know who you are. 😉
- Education – Continue to watch webinars, research, read, take classes, go to conferences, etc. Never stop learning! I learn something new every day.
The biggest lesson I’ve learned is it doesn’t happen over night. There is a lot of hard work, sweat and sometimes tears that go into this blog. If you’re a newbie, be prepared for a lot of long days, nights, and for me weekends. It’s so worth it in the end! Thank you for the love and support I’ve received from so many this year. I’m grateful to each of you. If I could hug every one of you, I would. 🙂 Here’s to many more years to come!
Here’s some motivation for your Monday!
When you feel like quitting, remember why you started!