//Photography: Skye Amanda Photography // Button Up: T.J. Maxx // Slacks: c/o Five13 Studio // Flats: Steve Madden
(similar here) // Bag: Kate Spade New York (similar here) // Necklace: c/o IN Pink //
There are no more empowering words than, “Prove it.” I’ve never been one to be contained. I’ve never been one to be told what to do. It drives me crazy to be boxed up, or be told I have to be a “cookie cutter” version of everyone else. That’s just not who I am.
I’ve tried to framework my life around this. I’ve always wanted to do something with fashion but I didn’t know what. Like I said before, I can be self conscious of my weight and even though I’m perfectly happy with where I am physically, I’m not the standard model size. Why should I let this stop me? I needed to find something that could harness my love of fashion and give me the challenge and freedom I needed.
And so was born my own brand, TaziaLynne.com, a place where my thoughts and crazy colorful personality couldn’t be constricted by outside forces or opinions. I created a place where I could be my own boss and live the life I’ve wanted through fashion and story telling. The best part, others have believed in me too! Throughout this short journey, I’ve met some incredible vendors, bloggers and other sources in fashion who continue to push me to be the best I can be. Thank you!!!
Whether you’re in your dream job or looking for inspiration, be your own boss and design the life you want by these simple tips I’ve discovered along the way:
- Listen to your heart. Yes, it’s cheesy, but it’s so applicable when going after your dreams! Most of the time you are the one stopping yourself from progressing, not those around you.
- Don’t be a cookie cutter. We all love cookies, but stop trying to be everyone else. You were born to be YOU! Live the life you were designed to live.
- Find a way to express who you truly are. If that’s a blog like me, a side job, or singing at a karaoke bar, never let your current circumstances diminish your dreams.
- Dress the way you perceive yourself. If it’s a CEO, fashion designer or pop star, own it!
- Be kind and fulfill on the promises you make. This alone, can take you leaps and bounds above others.
“The difference between those who do and those who don’t, is simply that…they do.” –Aaron Hofman
These are just a few and I’m sure you have many more, if so make sure to comment below! Believe in yourselves! XOXO,