This has got to be one of my favorite outfits of all time. This skirt is a game changer! It’s made with neoprene fabric so it’s so comfortable, plus this color can’t be beat. I am all about bright and neon trends for summer! I love Cents of Style because they provide affordable and adorable clothing. I love to look expensive but keep dollars in my bank account. Let’s just talk about these incredible studded shoes? And last but not least, my life motto on a t-shirt.
Is it ironic that I pose on a playground. Nope, not one bit. That was completely intentional to say, “I can’t adult today.” Being an adult sucks! It’s not easy with the weight of future plans, bills, education, careers, 8-5, etc. Who says when you grow up you lose out on all the fun? BUT I’ve found some secrets along the way to help restore the glory of childhood.
Here are my 10 tips to saying “NO” to being an adult, the responsible way:
- Upgrade your work wear from boring to fun! Who says you can’t wear neon pink to the office and still be professional?
- Explore a summer night like you used to as a kid – sleep out under the stars, tell ghost stories with a flashlight or play night games. Yes, night games are just as fun as an adult.
- Indulge in your childhood favorites. Mom isn’t telling you no…go ahead, eat that pizza Lunchable. (*Secret about me, Lunchables are my guilty pleasure. They are sooo good!)
- Watch kid movies. Who cares if they’re for kids…uh I love the plot to “How to Train Your Dragon” or the new “Minions” movie? Yep, I’m going to see it tonight. Get over it. 🙂
- Picnic to a playground. I promise you’ll still enjoy the swings and slides. Just don’t do it in heels.
- Turn off your phone, put away your laptop and enjoy the simple things. There is nothing more freeing than going dark and being with those you love.
- Play in the rain.
- Eat snow cones.
- Let yourself sleep in once in a while!
- Say “I love you” and mean it. How precious is a child’s expression to love? Say it and say it often.
I love all of you and never grow up. Yes, you’ll eventually have to pay a mortgage and embark on a career path, but never lose the quirky, nerdy kid within.
You’re never too old to be young.
XOXO and TGIF!