Attempting to get back into shape has been so freaking hard! We’re talking about going from Netflix and pizza to hitting the pavement, hard. But, I’ve come up with ten ways to help motivate me to not give up and get back into shape.
- Set a goal: Andy and I set a goal to run a half marathon in October. Not only does it motivate me to train every day, it keeps me excited because I LOVE HALLOWEEN! It’s a good first step.
- Find a training plan: Pinterest is your best friend when it comes to a training plan. Whether you’re training for a half marathon, lifting weights or finding ways to improve your cardio, search fitness accounts for the best pins. My favorite half marathon plans come from MarathonRookie.com and HalHigdon.com. Andy and I are doing the novice 1 program from Hal Higdon.
- Go shopping: Working out is so much easier when you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing. Senita Athletics is one of my new favorite online stores to find the CUTEST styles and designs. I love these Swift Shorts because they have pockets for my phone, keys and chapstick. #goforgold ! I’m in love with these! (Click to shop!)
- Make a playlist: Get your groove on with my favorite running hits! Here are my favorites
- Me Too – Meghan Trainor
- Sax – Fleur East
- Ex’s & Oh’s – Elle King
- Wherever I Go – OneRepublic
- Jungle – X Ambassadors
- This is What You Came For – Calvin Harris
- I Love Me – Meghan Trainor
- Woman Up – Meghan Trainor
- HandClap – Fitz and The Tantrums
- Rise – Katy Perry
- Someone Who Can Dance – Icona Pop
- Voodoo – Nick Jonas
- Good Girls – Elle King
- Set a visual progress calendar: I have star stickers that I place on each day of my calendar when I complete my workout for the day. It helps me to visualize when I’m strongest and where I can improve. (Weekends kick my butt. I find that if I work out on Saturday like I’m supposed to, the rest of the weekend is a breeze.)
- Do something you enjoy: whether it’s Zumba, running or Pokemon Go, do something that makes you happy. It’s much easier to sweat your guts out if you enjoy what you’re doing!
- Get enough sleep: this allows you to have enough energy to put in a good work out. You need your zzzzz’s!
- Find a partner: working out with Andy makes it 100% times better than doing it by myself. There are days I don’t want to, but he helps me stick to our plan.
- Stock your fridge: make sure to head to your local grocery store to grab veggies, fruits and lean protein. My favorite post-run snacks are yogurt or a protein shake.
- Mirror motivation – use a dry erase marker and write your favorite motivational quotes on your mirror so every time you look in it you’re reminded of how awesome you are! Here’s one to get you started:
Strive for progress not perfection!
You’re beautiful in every possible way. Be grateful for the things you currently have: the ability to walk, to breathe, the chance to take a run even if it wasn’t your best. Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable! Let’s do this together. 🙂